As for the past 5 years, Computerworld has shared their ranking showing the Top 100 IT Companies where to work or more specifically where employees have shared their experiences and scored the highest!
Similar to the “Great Place to Work” franchise but specific to the U.S. and to the IT Industry, this publication has made some noise in the Large Corporate world, as well as the Mid-Sized Companies and Start-ups Universe. Anyone wanting to be someone in the IT business world is represented.
Would you be shocked that none of the the huge IT Corps appeared in the top 5 listing? Or that a renowned Social Enterprise went from being #1 last year in the Mid-sized segment to not appearing at all in the Top 5 list?
Some quick tips to read this list:
- Computerworld’s annual 100 Best Places to Work in IT list showcases the top 100 U.S. workplaces for technology professionals.
- This is a private ranking that Computeworld does every year by its own means and with the purpose of publishing that stable section on their site.
- Information is not biased by Employers. Employees of ranked organizations share non-critical information about their work with Computerworld who in return, charts it and analyzes it.
- The poll contains categories such as Benefits, Salary, Retention policy, Insurance and similar ones that make it very specific to the U.S. employee marketplace. Comparing these categories to those in other countries would probably not give back the same results but it also represents a different type of study as conditions are not equivalent in the IT industry in all countries.
- Sillicon Valley remains as the King for IT employment but IT Companies are investing more and more in other locations. Don’t be afraid to double click in the east cost or central part of the States.
If you are looking for a new job, this ranking might be an interesting find for you, specially if you live in the U.S. or are considering moving there. I would definitely recommend taking a look.
Access the full site and ranking here. Hope you find your current, or next employer there!
(Visited 163 times, 1 visits today)